As soon as the new year’s celebration gets over, the blogger’s world starts sharing the recipes for Valentine’s day. Facebook and Instagram feeds are flooded with chocolate desserts or heart-shaped cookies and cake. This year I had no plan but after seeing these nice posts, I too started thinking about what I can make for Valentine’s day. My goal was not to give much effort but still, my family can enjoy it. None of the boys in the family is a big fan of desserts. The little one eats dessert only if it is made of chocolate or got the same flavor. So thought it would be nice if I can make some chocolate-Dipped Strawberries for them.
Though this delicious dessert is very popular as valentine’s day treat, you can make it for your anniversary or any other candle-night romantic celebrations. Not only it’s wonderful to eat, it looks very beautiful too.
If you want to serve this awesome dessert for your next party, get ready with big juicy strawberries and chocolate of good quality. Then melt the chocolate and dip your strawberries in melted chocolate. If you want to add some variety there are so many delicious possibilities. For example, you can dip them in candy sprinkles, chocolate chips or chocolate cookie crumbles. Be creative as you can, serve them with champagne or your favorite red wine.
Recipe of Chocolate Dipped Strawberries:
Semi-sweet or dark Chocolate or chocolate chips: one 12 oz packet
Strawberries: 1 and 1/2 lbs, big sized, washed and dried completely
Canola Oil: 3 tablespoons
White chocolate: 4oz
1 cup chopped nuts ( pecans or almonds )
1. Pat dry the berries with a paper towel. Lina a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate. Take a saucepan, add 1 inch of water and simmer it. Then take a heatproof bowl add chocolate to it. Place the bowl in the water. Chocolate will start melting in a couple of minutes. You can use the microwave to melt it. Once Chocolate is soft add the oil and stir well to mix.
3. Hold the stem and dip the strawberries one by one into the chocolate until 1/2 or 3/4 of the strawberry is coated with chocolate.
4. Gently drop off the excess. Place the dipped strawberries on the parchment paper and immediately roll in toppings or sprinkle them on if you want to decorate it.
5. Refrigerate the strawberries for about 30 minutes till the chocolate sets. Serve the chocolate Strawberries chilled or at room temperature.