Earlier I stopped using my cast iron skillet because of rusty smell but recently I learned from a post on Facebook about how to clean and take care of iron skillet. Two main things you have to remember when you are using cast iron skillet that you have to avoid soaking the pan and don’t leave the pan in the sink. Then just after cleaning make it dry, take a teaspoon of cooking oil and rub it well. It worked like magic, after very minimal effort there is no rust on my pan !! I love making brownies in skillets for another reason too. You don’t need to wait for the brownie to cool down before cutting. A skillet brownie is made for digging in right away. Please serve warm brownies with a thin stream of hot fudge sauce and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It's delicious! If you don't have cast iron pan, the same recipe will work with your baking pan too.
Recipe of Fudgy Chocolaty Brownie:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the skillet or a square baking pan.
2. Take a large bowl add water to it. Simmer the water. Now take a medium bowl add butter, 4-ounce chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate to it. Place the bowl in the hot water bowl until smooth. Set it aside and let cool for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Take a large bowl, add the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar to it. Stir it well. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture until it is well combined.
4. In another bowl, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix it well. Add flour mixture to the egg-chocolate mixture. Stir it until combined.
5. Now take the half cup of chocolate chips and one tablespoon of flour to a bowl. Toss it together. Add the chocolate chips to the brownie batter. Fold them in.
6. Pour the mixture into a prepared skillet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until it done. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
( The recipe is adapted from http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/skillet-brownies/ )