It’s been couple of weeks since I posted my last recipe. Didn’t find enough time after that to prepare the new one. Generally whenever I have spare time, I love to click the photos and save it in the draft. But feels lazy whenever it comes to write about the recipe. On top of that, I have started walking regularly and trying to shed some of my recently gained weight from India trip. So a good amount of my free time is going there. I am loving my new routine not only because of health reason, but like the nature in my neighborhood in the midst of San Diego’s nice weather. So whenever I have time, instead of lazily sitting in front of the computer, I go for a long walk.
This week I am trying to finish up all the recipes that were in draft. Today I will share one of the favorite recipes of my family. It’s called “Aanda Palak” or Spinach and Egg Curry if we translate in English. In this simple but delicious dish, boiled Eggs are cooked with spinach and some spices. I have tried spinach with Chicken and Mutton many times but never tried it with egg until I saw the pictures of the same dish from my friend Devalina Sen. She is simply awesome when it comes to the recipes that are quick, simple but yummy.
This recipe is not the exception either fast, easy but tasty. The other aspect I love about the recipe is the idea of pairing two nutritional ingredients, spinach and egg that make a super healthy meal. It’s a great way to add more greens in your diet and that too in a delicious way. So if you love both egg and spinach don't waste your time . Try this new dish and let me know if you liked it. You can serve this dish with rice and/or naan. Enjoy!
Recipe of Egg Spinach Curry, Serves : 4
Egg : 6
Potatoes : 3, medium peeled and cut into pieces
Red onion : chopped, 1/2 cup
Garlic : 2 cloves, minced
Tomato : 1, diced
Spinach : 2 cups (you can use frozen one too)
Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder : 1 teaspoon
Salt : to taste
1. Boil Eggs and potatoes together for about 10 to 12 minutes. Shell the eggs and make slits partially trough the side into the yolk.
2. Take a non-stick pan, add oil and heat it up. When oil is hot add the onions and fry it till translucent. Then add the eggs and potatoes and fry.
3. Add turmeric and cumin powder and salt. Give some good stirs.
4. Add tomato and saute till the oil leaves.
5. Add the spinach and raw garlic. Cover the pan. Spinach will release water and and it will be cooked by its own water. When water dries up and gravy becomes thick. Switch off the gas. Serve it with a bowl of rice or Indian Flat bread.