Today’s pasta dish is one of those meals that I make at least once in a month and every time my 9-years old son would be delighted when he gets the smell. Last Thursday I made Chicken Parmesan Pasta and next day we were planning to dine out. But he didn't want to go out for dinner. We were surprised with his behavior because he always likes to eat in the restaurants. We understood the reason when he started saying that we already have good food at home. He loves pasta so much that he can eat the same meal for several days in a row.
Though this pasta is generally cooked with no ready-made pasta sauce, the recipe is still very simple and doesn’t take longer. When you are feeling lazy or too busy to spend time around your kitchen, but still want to impress your family, this recipe is perfect for those days.
To make this baked pasta, first I cooked a packet of Penne and then tossed it with the freshly made tomato sauce. For the Chicken Parmesan part, I put the chunks of leftover chicken. Then some garden fresh basils and lots of grated Parmesan need to be added. At the end, it turned out to be a really delicious dish. I am not a big fan of Pasta but I ended up eating some extra serving on that day.
Recipe of Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake: Serves 5
Chopped Tomatoes: 2 cans, 400g can each
Olive Oil: 2 tablespoons
Dried Oregano: 1 teaspoon
Sugar: 1 teaspoon
Salt: to taste
Black pepper (crushed): to taste
Chicken: 2 cups (cooked and chopped)
Pasta: 500g ( I used Penne here )
Mozzarella Cheese: 2 cups, grated
Parmesan Cheese: 1 cup, grated
Fresh Basil leaves: 1/2 cup
For Topping: grated mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup
1. Take a pan, boil water and salt. Add pasta to it and cook as per package direction. Once it is cooked, strain the excess water and set it aside.
2. Take a sauce pan and add oil to it. Add the chopped tomato to the oil and stir it. Cook it for a couple of minutes on medium heat until tomatoes become soft. Add dried oregano, salt, sugar, and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Add the cooked pasta and cooked chicken to the sauce and mix it well. Turn off the gas. Set the pasta aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Layer the pasta with grated cheese and basil leaves in an oven-proof dish. Add the extra mozzarella cheese on the top.
5. Bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese on the top is golden brown.
6. Remove it from the oven and serve hot.