packed with chicken, noodles and veggiesa pot of warm, hearty and very delicious soup. I
Recipe of Creamy Chicken Noodles Soup : for a big pot
Egg Noodles : 2 cups
Boneless skinless chicken breasts : 1 lb , cut into thin slices.
Olive oil : 2 tbsp
Chopped carrot : 1 cup
Chopped celery : 1 cup
Chopped yellow onion : 1 cup
Chopped sweet potato ( optional ) : 1/2 cup
Minced garlic : 1 tbsp
Chicken stock / chicken broth ( fresh or canned ) : 2 cups
Dried parsley : 1 pinch
Bay leaves : 2
Salt : to taste
Freshly ground black pepper : to taste
Butter : 2 tbsp
All purpose flour : 1/4 cup
Milk : 2 cups
Heavy cream : 1/2 cup
1. Cook the noodles as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and sweet potato and saute for couple of minutes. Add garlic and stir it. Add chicken broth, parsley, bay leaves.
3. Add chicken breast and bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper. Reduce the heat , Cover it with lid and let it cook.
4. Once chicken breast is cooked, remove it from the soup and shred it into bite size pieces.
5. Take a pan and heat it up. Once butter melts add the flour and stir constantly. Add milk and stir it to break the lumps. Add cream and whisk it.
6. Now pour the milk mixture into the soup mixture. Add the shredded chicken and cooked noodles to the soup. Stir it to mix.
7. Serve warm with bread or crackers.