The idea of today's recipe is nothing new, but I had never tried this myself until last week. I am talking about a chocolate chip cookie in a cup. A single, gooey, hot chocolate chip cookie. It's “baked” in the microwave in a little mug. It’s easy, it’s yummy and it satisfies your cookie cravings, specially when you are ultra bored with your work life in the middle of the week. This one minute mug cookie takes only seconds to make and that too with very little effort. The process doesn't involve perfect scooping or any messy clean up that usually needs to do when you bake cookies in the traditional way. It just needs a handful of basic ingredients, a mug and a spoon to relish it. So the best part of today's recipe is how easy and quick it can be prepared. The recipe is adopted from "number-2-pencil.com".
Single-serving desserts offer another advantage. You don’t have to eat the whole batch of cookies and you can still satisfy your sweet tooth. There will be no leftovers and no repeated eating of the same thing. So there is no need to think about increasing your waistline.
Recipe of Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug : serves one
Unsalted butter : 1 tablespoon
Granulated Sugar : 1 tablespoon
( dark ) Brown Sugar : 1 tablespoon
Vanilla extract : 1/2 teaspoon
Salt : a pinch
Egg yolk : 1 ( discard the egg white )
All purpose flour : 3 tablespoons
Chocolate Chips : 1 tablespoon
1. Take a small mixing bowl, add the butter and microwave it for 30 sec or until it just melts.
2. Add sugars, vanilla extract and salt. Stir to mix it until well-combined.
3. Add the egg yolk to the bowl and stir to combine.
4. Add flour and mix it again. Add the chocolate chips and give a final stir.
5. Now transfer the cookie dough in a microwave-safe mug. Cook it for 40 to 50 seconds. Check after 40 seconds. Do not over cook, just like a regular cookie, it will become hard as it cools down. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
You can use store-bought chocolate chip cookie mix too for this recipe. If you want to use cookie mix, recipe will be like :