My east coast friends might find it strange that I’m posting a frozen treats in the month of October. Here in San Diego, summer is still there in its peak form and sometimes very close to scoring a century. So it’s great time for ice cream lovers to try out different experiments. But I see no reason for my other friends not to like this recipe because true ice cream lovers enjoy it round the year.
Today I am sharing a delicious cake recipe that I recently made for my son and his friends. It is a decadent dessert, truly a chocolate-lover's dream . It’s pretty simple to assemble and surely will satisfy of anyone's chocolate and ice-cream craving both at the same time.
The cake has three layers. At the bottom it has a layer of brownie, topped with ice cream. Then it has some chocolate ganache over the ice-cream layer and finally decorated with some oreo cookies. You need to first bake the brownie. Once it is done, let it cool down and pour the soft ice-cream over it. Then freeze it and finally pour the chocolate ganache over it. You are all set to indulge yourself.
Recipe of Brownie Ice Cream Cake : 9 inch round Cake : Serves : 15 to 20 people.
Fudge Brownie mix : 1 box
Water :1/3 cup
Vegetable Oil : 3 tablespoons
Plain Yogurt : 1/4 cup ( to substitute for egg )
Vanilla Extract : 1 teaspoon
Ice Cream ( any flavor as per your choice , here I used Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Ice Cream ) : 1/2 gallon
For Chocolate Ganache :
Semi sweet chocolate chips : 2 cups
Heavy Whipping Cream : 1 cup
For Decoration :
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (170 C ) Grease a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the water, vegetable oil, Plain yogurt, vanilla extract. Mix the wet ingredients with a fork.
3. Add the mixture to brownie mix. Mix it well.
4. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes until it is set or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
5. Once brownie is cool, remove the ice cream from freezer and allow it to soften for about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Now evenly spread the ice cream in a layer over the brownie layer. Wrap the cake pan tightly in plastic wrap and freeze at least 2 hours or until ice cream is firm.
7. Take a heatproof bowl, put the chocolate chips and keep it aside. Take a saucepan, place cream in it and heat it over medium heat, bring it to a boil.
8. When it just starts to a boil, immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate chips. Let it rest for couple of minutes, then stir until the mixture gets smooth, beat it with a wire whisk till it becomes soft and fluffy.
9. Remove the cake from freezer, remove the wrap. Drizzle it with chocolate ganache, decorate with oreo cookies and serve immediately.
Note: If you eat eggs, you can bake the brownie as per package direction.