Raw Mango - 2 medium sized / approximately 1 lb
Sugar - 1/2 cup or as per the taste
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - a pinch
Saffron - few strands
Dry roasted Masala powder - a pinch ( This is optional, for the spicy kick, you may add it)
1. Wash, peel, grate the mango and set it aside.
2. Add sugar, cardamom powder and saffron to it. Mix it nicely and keep it aside for 10 minutes and so. In this time, the raw mango starts to release water.
3. Dry roast 1 tbsp of cumin seeds and a whole dry red chili till aroma comes up, then grind them into powder. This is called Dry Roasted Masala Powder.
4. Cook the Mango mixture in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, take it out of microwave and stir it well. Put it back in microwave again for 3 minutes more. Check it in every one minute and give stirs, till you get desired consistency, check the sweetness. You may avoid the microwave method, by cooking it on the stove-top.
5. When it is done, add the lemon juice, mix it nicely and add the dry roasted masala powder combine with the mango. Mango Jam is ready.
6. Allow it to cool down completely, then put it in a jar, you can store the Mango Jam for about a month at room temperature or 3 to 4 months if you keep it in refrigerator.