This particular recipe is inspired from Food Network. The banana bread is moist, sweet and delicious cake-like bread which is golden-brown crust and delightfully crisp when it just comes out of the oven and completely irresistible to eat. It is made of some fully ripe and smashed bananas.
There are several types of Banana Breads. Almost every time, I bake the Banana Bread following a different recipe. This time what I'm going to share is the recipe of Banana Walnut bread, my favorite one. It’s quite healthy one and goes well with a cup of tea or coffee.
To make Banana bread, you need fully ripe bananas which means their skin color would turn into brown and its flesh would become very soft. At this stage, many people throw these bananas in the garbage, not realizing how delicious they would be when they are baked in a bread. Every week I buy banana for breakfast but a few of them will turn brown before eating them. Instead of throwing them, I put them in a plastic bag and keep them into the refrigerator. Then wait until I have enough for baking. This recipe is very easy one and takes hardly 10 to 15 minutes to prepare before baking.
Recipe of Banana Walnut Bread : (1 loaf)
- All purpose flour -1 1/4 cups
- Baking Soda - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs - 2 large at room temperature
- Pure Vanilla extract - 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted Butter - 1 stick ( at room temperature) and little more for greasing the pan
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Very Ripe Bananas - 3-4 peeled and smashed with a fork ( about 1 cup)
- Walnut ( chopped) - 1/2 cup (toasted)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 177 degrees C. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and keep it aside.
2. Whisk the egg and Vanilla together and keep them aside.
3. Lightly brush a 9- by 5- by 3- inch loaf pan with butter.
4. Cream the butter and sugar in a stand mixer with a paddle or with a hand mixer until it becomes light and fluffy.
5. Gradually pour the egg mixture into the butter and mix it. Add the bananas. (after mixing the bananas the mixture will appear to be curdled but don't need to be worried)
6. Mix in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, mix them together nicely.
7. Fold in the walnuts and transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake the batter until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. It will take 55 minutes to 1 hr depending on your oven.
8. Let it cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Take it out of the pan when it is completely cool. Banana Bread is best if it is served the next day!
Note : To make it healthier, you may use vegetable oil in the place of butter. (1 stick butter = 1/2 cup of vegetable oil )