Mushroom-Chicken is very simple and easy to make dish. Most of the ingredients are very common except that Shaoxing wine, which is basically a rice wine. It is generally used in Chinese cooking, which has a very unique, distinct taste. If you love Chinese food, I will suggest you to keep it in your kitchen, otherwise white vinegar or grape juice can be its substitute.
Recipe of Mushroom-Chicken : Serves - 4 to 5
Boneless and skinless chicken breast or thigh - 1 lb or 450 gm ( approx) cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
Mushroom - 1/2 lb or 250 gm (approx) cut into halves
Zucchini - 1 lb or 450 gm cut into pieces
Corn starch - 2 tsp
Shaoxing wine - 2 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
Grated Ginger - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 1 tbsp
Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
Oyster Sauce - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
White Pepper powder - 6 dashes or as per the taste
Sesame oil - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as per the taste
Water - 4 tbsp
Corn starch - 2 tsp to thicken the sauce.
1. Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel. Marinade them with wine and corn starch. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Mix the ingredients for sauce and set aside.
3. Cut and wash the mushrooms and zucchini.
4. Heat up a wok or a big pan, add oil. Once the oil is ready add ginger and garlic. Saute until they get aromatic.
5. Add the chicken into pan and stir it till the chicken is half-cooked.
6. Add mushrooms and zucchini into the wok / pan and stir it until they have become soft.
7. Add the sauce, and give a few stirs till the sauce nicely coat the chicken, mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the whole things are well-cooked.
8. Serve hot with steamed rice or fried rice or noodles ( click here for recipe ).